The websites at www.regentcentre.co.uk and email@example.com (our websites) are owned and operated by The Regent (Christchurch) Ltd (the Regent Centre or we). For further details about the Regent Centre, please see the end of these terms.
Part 1 of these terms sets out the terms that apply to all tickets purchased from the Regent Centre whether in person, by telephone or online.
Part 2 of these terms sets out the additional terms that apply to tickets purchased from the Regent Centre online.
These terms and conditions apply to tickets for performances and events and references in these terms to “performances” will also include events.
Part 1: Terms applying to all tickets purchased from the Regent Centre
Your ticket can only be refunded in the event that the performance is cancelled.
Ticket exchange and resale
We will attempt to exchange tickets for performances of the same production received at the Box Office in advance of the performance for either seats at the same price. This service is offered free of charge for events at The Regent Centre however a charge may be made for events at other venues / locations.
You may ask the Box Office to resell tickets for you but we cannot guarantee a resale and we reserve the right to sell remaining tickets before returned tickets. This service is offered free of charge for events at the Regent Centre however a charge may be made for events at other venues / locations.
All ticket discounts are subject to limited availability and at the discretion of the Box Office. Discounted tickets cannot be booked in conjunction with or combined with any other reductions or offers.
Rules of admission
- You need a valid ticket which must be produced on arrival in order to enter the auditorium.
- The paper ticket remains the property of the Regent Centre.
- Please check carefully the theatre, date and time printed on the front of your ticket as mistakes cannot always be rectified after the booking has been confirmed.
- The advertised running time may change so please check with the Box Office on the day of the performance.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission in reasonable circumstances or to request any ticket holder to leave the theatre and take appropriate action to enforce this right.
- If you arrive later than the advertised start time or you need to leave the auditorium for any reason then you may be asked to wait until a suitable break in the performance before you can take your seat. This may be the interval.
- To ensure our audience safety the Regent Centre may conduct occasional security searches which may include searching your bag before entering the auditorium.
- Your ticket can only be refunded in the event that the performance is cancelled. Details of our Ticket Exchange and Resale Policy are set out above.
- In the event of a cancelled performance or a performance that has to be abandoned part way through, we will not be liable for additional travel or accommodation expenses.
- Reselling your ticket for profit or commercial gain makes it void.
- We reserve the right to make alteration to the advertised details for the performance at short notice (for example cast changes). In these instances the Regent Centre is not obliged to refund the ticket or exchange for another performance.
- On rare occasions the performance or public areas may be filmed, sound recorded or photographed. Buying a ticket affirms your consent to the filming, sound recording and/or photography of yourself as a member of the audience and possible subsequent broadcasts/publication.
- We cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage to your personal property whilst at the venue.
- The unauthorised use of cameras, videos or any other sort of audio or visual recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- Mobile phones, pagers and digital watches must be turned off at all times in the auditorium.
- Some events have age restrictions and you will only be admitted if you are old enough.
- Strobe lighting, smoke effects (including smoking on stage), loud bangs and gunshots are sometimes used in productions. Please contact the Box Office for further details.
- For Health & Safety reasons, wheelchair users are not permitted to transfer into fixed seating.
- You may not take drinks in glasses into the auditorium. Plastic "glasses" are available for any cold drinks from the bar and may be taken in.
Part 2: Additional Terms applying to ticket purchases from the Regent Centre website
1. Information about purchasing tickets from the Regent Centre website
1.1 The websites at www.regentcentre.co.uk and info.regentcentre.co.uk (our websites) are owned and operated by The Regent (Christchurch) Ltd (the Regent Centre). For further details about the Regent Centre, please see the end of these terms.
1.2 This page and any documents referred to on it tell you the terms and conditions on which we supply tickets to you from our website (Tickets). Please read these terms carefully before ordering any Tickets from our website as, by doing so, you accept these terms and conditions.
1.3 You will need to click the box marked "Accept" in the course of your purchase of Tickets to confirm your acceptance of these terms. If you don't accept these terms, you will not be able to order any Tickets from our website.
1.4 You should print a copy of these terms for future reference.
2. Payment details, prices & delivery
2.1 The price of any Tickets will be as quoted on our website, except in cases of obvious error.
2.2 The prices include any VAT applicable, but exclude any postage costs.
2.3 If you are under 18 years old you may purchase Tickets only with the involvement of your parent or guardian.
2.4 Payment for all Tickets must be by credit or debit card. We accept Visa and Mastercard credit cards and Visa / Delta / Solo / Maestro debit cards. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we confirm your order.
2.5 When you book Tickets on our website you can either specify that you want to collect your Tickets from our Box Office or that you want us to post them to you. If you want Tickets posted, we will charge you an additional postage charge which will be specified when you make your order.
2.6 Tickets will be posted to you by Second Class post. We will not accept any responsibility for tickets that are mislaid or lost in the post.
2.7 We will use best efforts to post Tickets to you within 7 days of making a booking, although there may be instances where for security or other reasons we are only able to dispatch Tickets in the weeks immediately prior to the performance or where we require you to collect your Tickets in person. Where this is the case, we will inform you at the time of booking.
2.8 If you book Tickets for a performance which will take place within 7 days of the date of the booking, you will need to collect your Tickets from our Box Office in person.
3. How the contract is formed between you and us
3.1 After placing an order and completing payment for it, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your order. The contract between us (Contract) will be formed when you successfully complete the payment to purchase the Tickets.
3.2 The Contract will relate only to those Tickets indicated in the acknowledgement email. We will not be obliged to supply any other Tickets which may have been part of your order until acceptance of your order for those tickets has been confirmed in a separate acknowledgement email.
4. Links & disclaimer
We may provide links on our website to the websites of other companies, whether affiliated with us or not. We cannot accept any liability for tickets you purchase from companies to whose website we have provided a link on our website. This disclaimer does not affect your statutory rights against the third party seller. We will notify you when a third party is involved in a transaction, and we may disclose your customer information related to that transaction to the third party seller in order for the transaction to proceed.
5. Our refunds policy
For our policy on refunds, please see Part 1 of these terms.
6. Our liability
6.1 Our liability to you (whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) is limited to the purchase price of the Tickets you have purchased.
6.2 In the unfortunate event that a performance has to be cancelled or abandoned part way through, we will not be liable for any accommodation, travel or other costs you incur.
6.3 We will not accept liability for any indirect, special or consequential losses, including (for example) loss of profits, revenue, contracts, data or goodwill.
6.5 Nothing in these terms limits our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to limit, or attempt to limit, our liability.
7. Written communications
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our website, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by email or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This section does not affect your statutory rights.
All notices given by you to us must be given to The Regent Centre, 51 High Street, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 1AS or electronically via out contact form. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or in any of the ways specified in section 7 above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an email is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that such email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
9. Events outside our control
9.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
9.2 A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes (as well as others) such things as: terrorist attack, fire, flood or natural disaster, epidemics, impossibility of the use of means of public or private transport, or public or private telecommunications networks or the threat of any of these things.
9.3 If a Force Majeure Event occurs, we may have to cancel a performance or abandon it part way through and our obligations to you are deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event. Please note section 6.2 above.
10. Other Matters
10.1 We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of any Contract at any time, but you may not do so without our prior written consent.
10.2 If we fail to exercise any of our rights under any Contract, this will not amount to a waiver by us of those rights.
10.3 If any part of these terms or of any Contract is unenforceable, this will not affect the enforceability of any other part.
10.4 We intend to rely upon these terms and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the subject matter of any Contract.
10.5 Part 1 and Part 2 of these terms, together with any document referred to in these terms, constitute the whole agreement between you and us.
11.2 Any Contract will be subject to the terms in force at the time that you order Tickets from us, unless any change to these terms is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it may apply to orders previously placed by you).
12. Law & jurisdiction
These terms and Contracts for the purchase of Tickets through our website will be governed by English law. Any dispute over or claims arising from these terms or any Contracts will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breaking these terms or any Contract in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
About the Regent Centre
The Regent (Christchurch) Ltd is registered in England (Company number: 3941287) as a charity (1089084)
Our main trading address is The Regent Centre, 51 High Street, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 1AS and our VAT number is 785 7861 62.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our website please contact us.
Thank you for visiting our website.