Tickets purchased through our website www.regentcentre.co.uk or Box Office are sold by The Regent (Christchurch) Ltd (Company Number: 03941287, Registered Charity Number: 1089084). Tickets are sold on behalf of The Regent (Christchurch) Ltd or on behalf of external promoters or organisers.
These terms and conditions apply to tickets purchased for films, broadcasts, or live events, referred to in these terms as “performances”
1. Ticket Purchases
- All tickets are non-refundable or exchangeable.
- Tickets can only be refunded if a performance is officially cancelled. In such an event, we will not be liable for any additional expenses incurred.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged unless for alternative performances of the same production.
- All tickets remain the sole property of The Regent (Christchurch) Ltd. Tickets which are resold or transferred for profit or commercial gain will become void and the holder may be refused entry. In such circumstances, refunds will not be given.
- We reserve the right to make alterations to the advertised time, programme or cast of a performance without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
- Ticket holders only have a right to a seat of the value corresponding to that stated on their ticket. We reserve the right to provide alternative seats to those stated on your ticket.
- We reserve the right to refuse any order placed by you.
- Reservations – tickets can be reserved for up to 7 days without payment. Overdue reservations will be cancelled without notice. No reservations can be made in the 7 days prior to a performance. We reserve the right to refuse a reservation.
- By booking tickets through our website or Box Office you are confirming your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- We cannot accept any liability for tickets purchased from third party sellers.
- If you purchased tickets and the date has been changed by the Regent Centre, we will continue to offer credit notes. As a last resort, we will offer refunds but as a charity, after 15 months of closure, we are unable to sustain this level of service indefinitely.
2. Price and Delivery
- We reserve the right to alter advertised ticket prices without prior notice.
- All ticket prices include a £1 donation to the Regent Development Fund.
- Offers and discounts are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. Promotional codes must be given at the time of purchase, they cannot be used retrospectively. We are not obliged to offer refunds for failure to supply a promotional code at the time of purchase.
- All online bookings are subject to a 3% booking fee capped at £7.50.
- Tickets can be posted for an additional charge of £1 if the performance you are booking is more than 7 days away. Tickets will be sent second class and aim to be dispatched within 7 days.
- Tickets will be sent to the address on your account used to purchase the tickets. It is your responsibility to ensure this information is correct. We will not accept any responsibility for tickets that are mislaid or lost in the post.
- Tickets can be collected from the Box Office any time prior to the performance. Please provide your order number or confirmation email when collecting tickets.
- Reselling – if you cannot attend a performance, we can attempt to resell your tickets for you. You must return your original tickets to the Box Office before we can release the seats. If your seats are resold, you will be issued with a voucher equal to the value of your original tickets. We cannot guarantee a resale and we reserve the right to sell remaining seats before returned tickets.
- The cut off time tickets resales is 00:01 on the day of the performance.
- You must produce a valid ticket on arrival in order to enter the auditorium.
- You must bring a valid form of I.D. if attending an age restricted performance and may be asked to produce this before entering. You may be refused entry to an age restricted performance if you fail to produce a valid I.D. on request.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission or eject customers from the venue in reasonable circumstances. Any customers who are intoxicated or are disruptive, abusive or violent to theatre staff, volunteers, audience members or performers will be ejected from the venue. In such circumstances, no refunds will be given.
- Any comments or issues with the view from your seat or the audibility of a performance must be made to venue staff immediately as issues cannot always be resolved after the performance.
- Glass is not permitted in the auditorium.
- Latecomers may only be admitted into the auditorium at a suitable break in the performance, which may be an interval. Latecomers may be asked to take alternative seating.
- Mobile phones, pagers, digital watches, laser pens or any other electronic equipment should be disabled when inside the auditorium to avoid disturbing the cast and other customers.
- The use of photographic and other recording equipment of any kind is strictly prohibited in the auditorium. We reserve the right to delete any unauthorised recordings and to eject any customers who are suspected of making such recordings.
- By attending the performance, you consent to the filming and sound recording of yourself in the audience.
- We do not accept responsibility for the loss or damage of any personal property or for any liability (to the fullest extent permitted by law).
- For your safety, we reserve the right to search bags and belongings before entry to the venue.
- Performances may contain any of the following: Strobe lighting, smoke effects (including smoking on stage), loud bangs and gunshots are sometimes used in productions. Please contact the Box Office for further details on 01202 499199.
- In case of an evacuation wheelchair users, or guests who require assistance to exit the auditorium, will be left in their seats until the emergency services can evacuate them.